Proactive Marketing & Growth Tips
A couple of weeks ago, I wrote a quick Marketing, Growth and Advertising tips post, this is a second round of simple but effective tips you and your firm should consider and develop out.
- Design: Create trust: show you care, imagery, copy, onsite guidance
- If you want to run a live Q&A or “webinar” — consider calling it something different and offering the content pre and post. Re-use the content, many are just sharing the same content, cut up, review, distribute to the right channel and the right people
- Production value has obviously dropped, if you are desperate to create video content, right now lower quality video content will be received well. There are many zoom based ads.
- Leverage the AR and filters trends — you have a good window to do this. Use or create them.
- Hone in on the signals users are giving you, double down on what they are showing they love and build (product) around them
- Keep spending wisely on PPC (not so paid social) improve your landing pages, know what is the most important factor is for PPC
- Don’t be sloppy with paid social, many are, if you want a wide reach ensure you serve people.
FWIW: brands pivoting to food delivery are burning budgets with poor targeting.
- Tweak retargeting — one short visit typically doesn’t show intent
- Test amount of copy shown or “most useful info first”
- A/B testing is not going to be conclusive right now, you will have to use bayesian method or follow your gut not just the data
- Test showing CTA higher on the page (scroll depth and heat mapping comparison will be a decent guide)
- Offer different CTA buttons, tweak amounts, be useful to your visitors (vs thinking everyone is your audience)
- Don’t force pop ups or floating buttons and if you really have to look at the time spend and where users dwell at and introduce in a smart way.